Monday, May 9, 2011

I kind of hate technology.

I've just spent 30 minutes trying to reset the email on this stupid blog.  We're getting ready to change cable providers, which means my email will soon be defunct, and I don't want to have to try to figure out how to retrieve all this junk to import it elsewhere.  Plus, I like my blog name, and I'm guessing I can't make a new blog with the old name if the old blog still exists somewhere in the ether.

Here's my pointless, circuitous journey.  The first thing I try is a bust:  I can't use our secondary email, because it's already linked to another Googley-thing.  So, I create a THIRD email account that I really don't need, because, God knows I get enough junk spam crap in the two that we already have. Next thing I know, I've inadvertently switched the Googley-thing attached to the secondary email account to that email, because I have too many damned windows open, so now I can't connect THIS Googley-thing to the tertiary account, because there's already a Googley-thing connected to it, albeit inadvertently.

Now I'd just like to close out the tertiary email account, because who needs it?  But I can't even see where to close out a yahoo mail account.  does this mean that no one ever closes those things, and there are just infinite mailboxes full of crap out there that people just refuse to open?  I'm trying not to clog the universe with e-junk, insubstantial as it might be.  If fear it dirties my soul.

By the way, I no longer have any idea what I'd originally planned to write about today, but I know this wasn't it.  Can we just go back to passing a spiral notebook around like we did in high school?

1 comment:

  1. What's funny is that I wanted to post a comment- and got distracted by the fact that I never attached a picture to my google profile, and it seemed important enough in that moment that I should accomplish it forthwith. And now I too have a searing case of Techno Rage. Up yours, technology!

    As for my original comment: it had to do with those bank suction tube/cartridge things and notebooks, and how my dream of them ever having them circulate notebooks as adults circled the drain with the rise of email. I *guess* email is a lot more practical, but damn skippy those suction tube notebooks would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete