Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm still hungry.

Dear Typically Awesome Elementary School,

Thanks so much for hosting both the Great American Teach In AND the school's Family Thanksgiving Luncheon on the same day.  Next year, do you think you could possibly open up the teachers' lot for additional parking?  I realize it's some sort of security feature to have that lot closed to public traffic, as then all visitors  have to park near the office, and are more likely to check in.  But when you are expecting that many visitors, does it really make sense to have a half-empty teachers' parking lot?  While we're on the subject of security, you know people can still walk around the gate, and get on property from that entrance, right?  There's no ha-ha or moat or anything over there.  Did I miss the patrolling Hounds of the Baskervilles?  I'm pretty sure it's just a normal sidewalk that any old person could walk up and start peeking into classroom windows before checking in at the office. Dastardly!

But thanks for the little extra walk, after I drove to every entrance in the neighborhood and finally parked in front of the Tricky Dogs guy's house.  It would have been as efficient for me to drive home in the first place and walk the whole way.  The end result was that I arrived too late to actually eat lunch, but did get to sit with my daughter while she ate hers.  So I also saved the $1.75, and, presumably two days' worth of sodium from the pressed turkey roll and canned mashed potatoes and gravy.

So, keep up the good work.

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment