Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Warning: Superiority Ahead

I try hard not to think I'm better than other people. Some people will tell you that an attitude of superiority is actually there to mask feelings of inferiority.  I don't think that's true in this case.

I think I'm better than people who don't pick up after their dogs.  I never leave dog poop when I walk the dog, and, yes, this makes me better than people who do.  Infinitely so, in the case of the guy down the street who lets his enormous bull mastiff outside to poop in the unfenced part of his yard.  Indeed, he has a fenced back yard, but apparently he likes to keep that nice for his family. As for the rest of us, we get to walk past continent-sized piles of poop left at the side of the road, and enjoy the scent of the various vintages on the way to school in the morning. Also, judging from the appearance of these piles, they feed that dog crap in the first place, so what's to be expected?

The laissez faire treatment of the mastiff droppings took an unexpected turn for the completely disgusting on Halloween.  You can probably guess what comes  next.  Give bored and unsupervised teenagers some ammunition...  I imagine (I dearly hope) it started because there are no sidewalks on our street, so if anyone was trying to avoid walking in the actual street, they were bound to happen across one of the little treasure troves.  There are now poop smears all over the street right beside Mastiff House.

I think I'll drive to school until it rains again.

No comments:

Post a Comment