Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I really shouldn't mess around with classics.

Over the Skyway and down I-75
To Grandmother's house we go.... 

We're heading down to my in-laws' house this evening after work; they live 2 hours south of us, so plenty of time for Muppets on DVD in the car.  I'll be singing something annoying over and over by the time we get to Punta Gorda. Maybe Ma-Nah-Ma-Nah?   We'll spend the night there so we can have less road time on Thanksgiving.  We'll get to see Great-Grandma as well, eat too much everything, and generally be thankful.  I hope to watch the Macy's Parade, I know there will be Lions' football on all afternoon, and maybe we'll fit in "A Miracle on 34th Street."   Actually, I think the scene from the end of the original Miracle, where Natalie Wood sits in the back of the car chanting "I believe... I believe... It's silly, but I believe" dovetails nicely with the football game.

And there will be pie.  Although it was not provided by my Minions, it's still pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment