Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I missed it by that much.

I love my little digital camera, because I can shove it in my pocket and take it with me whenever I want.  What I don't love is the fact that it doesn't capture the picture simultaneously when I press the button.  It's  not a shutter, after all, it's some tiny computerized command that takes a fraction of a second to execute.  So I get the back of Hannah's head as often as not. 

This seems sort of appropriate, though, when I think of how much I might be missing by trying to record everything. For a lot of things I've given up and decided to just enjoy the event, rather than try to document it to the point of not seeing what's going on other than through the view screen on my camera.  But here is a collection of stuff I've almost missed.  Some of these were intentionally shot from behind, so as not to get the cheesy mug face. But for most of them, I think the late-firing shot turned out better than what I was aiming for in the first place.




2 comments: