Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today, in Hannah's personal opera...

Actually, it was yesterday on the way down to her grandparents' house to spend the night.  We started at 5:00, so it was dark long before we arrived, and Hannah was convinced it was the longest car trip she'd ever been on.  Mind you, she's driven to Chicago, to Roanoke, and to St. Augustine, and she thought the trip from Dunedin to Punta Gorda was interminable.

(sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star)
Oh, my goodness
this is not so fun
When we get there
I will be-ee stunned.

Oh, my goodness,
this is the longest ride.
How I wish that I could play outside.

(chorus)
We've been to the east, and we've been to the west
We can't find Grandma and Grandpa's house
So we can rest

Oh, my goodness,
I don't like this at all
When we get there
I'll run down the hall.

There were half a dozen other verses, but I couldn't remember them all. She sang that song for the final ten minutes of our trip, and it was all my husband and I could do to keep from laughing out loud.  I was actually sorry when we arrived, because the song ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment