Friday, November 4, 2011

Should I start eating worms yet?

I was going to welcome my good friend Maryanne* to my blog today, but she's already un-followed me.  I'm not sure what that means. Or how that happened.  Yesterday: 10 followers. Today: 9.  Is it that bad, people?  I'm sorry, I guess I can't be funny every day. Or even two days in a row.  I'm pathetic.

Admittedly, I haven't asked her about it, or even investigated it further than to see that her name is no longer on the tiny little list. So I am certainly engaging in what I like to call Random Negative Projection.  I hassle my clients about this all the time.  You take a little fact, run it through your worst fears, and make some crazy assumptions which only torment you, and may not even approach reality.  Why would you do that?  It's all fiction, so why not make up some stuff that makes you happy?

So I'll follow my own advice:

Maryanne*, who still loves me just as much as always, loaned her computer to her, um, goldfish, who flopped around on the keyboard and managed to close out her Blogspot account. Now she has no way to find out about what silliness I'm posting other than to link to it when I post it on Facebook, which I always do.  So she won't really miss anything.  Unless her goldfish also deleted her Facebook account...

I'm not as good at this as I let on to my clients. Don't tell them, okay?



* Names changed because I don't want to be a total jerk-face in case there's something actually wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment